Care of Veterans
A+ Senior Care is committed to providing and supporting quality care for our Veterans.
We work closely with the VA to provide care to qualified veterans residing in the state of New Jersey-through the Aid in Attendance Home Care Program.
Some Information on how to qualify for services through this program:
- Veteran must have served 90 days of active duty with at least one day during period of war.
- Must have anything but dishonorable discharge.
Personal Care Needs
- Individual must currently need assistance from another person with daily living activities.
- Daily living activities can include eating, bathing, dressing, walking, and cognitive impairment.
- Must currently be spending the majority of their income on care expenses.
- How much of their income they spend on care determines how much of the benefit they will receive; up to the maximum amount.
- Assets must be below an amount determined by the VA.
- The amount of assets allowed is determined by their age and financial need.
For more information on services for Veterans and how to contact your local VA office, please call our office and ask for Bernice.